Friday, September 5, 2008

Party Hearty



This is one of the cards that will be made on the Monthly Card Night. Sorry about the lighting - hotel lighting... Okay so got to Stacy's house and used her Daylight to retake my pictures. What a difference good lighting makes. I decided to leave both pictures up here to see the lighting contrast. Maybe I shouldn't take pictures from the hotel rooms anymore :)
When planning the birthday card class I wanted to have a couple cards that could be used for any gender. I saw this card by Wendy Janson and really loved the colors together plus not really frilly so you could give it to a man.
The corners are paper pierced but I fogot my mat pack so they are not even on each corner. But that is waht makes it unique - right. I found that my mouse pad makes a great paper piercing mat while on the road :) I would also like a larger circle to mount the Celebrate You on. The next coluzzle line made it too big, so needing something inbetween. But I really like the way it came together.
Stamps: Party Hearty, On Your Birthday
Ink: Basic Gray
Paper: Ridinghood Red, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Prestwick DSP
Accessories: Red Brads, Silver Cord, Coluzzle, Dimensionals, 1 3/4" Punch, 1" Punch, 3/4" Punch

1 comment:

Megan said...

I like this card...I always like seeing cards that are more masculine, those are always harder for me to come up with! :)