Monday, September 8, 2008

Crab and Company



So when I was first looking at some different birthday cards to make I wanted to use some different sets and decided one should be crab and company. I have had this set for quite some time now and never mounted it. I originally cased a card and then started duplicating it this weekend. I wanted to change it up some - where it was all current merchandise. I thought timing was perfect as we now have the scallop square punch. Well it turns out I did not have any current polka dots available and the small square punch did not layer right on the card. So I changd it to the cirle and circle scallop punch.


I really did not like the scallop circle ont his card. It really seemed out of place and the card was just not flowing the way that I would have liked. So Stacy helped me brainstorm through some other options to make this card work. We changed the background to Ballet Blue and had the crab holding the sign Snappy Birthday. Also to avoid so much cutting for the class we stamped the characters on vellum and colored them. The crab was stamped on Whisper White and his eyes have crystal effects on them to make them pop out. So this is now the 5th birthday card.

Stamps: Crab and Company and Sanded

Ink: Stazon Black, Chocolate Chip, Ballet Blue, Real Red, Vellum

Paper: Ballet Blue, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, Whisper White

Accessories: Dimensionals, Water Color Crayons, Blender Pens, Medium and Large Oval Punches

1 comment:

Megan said...

Cute...I like how you changed it around to make it quicker to do in a big group. Good idea! :)