Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stampin Up I Am Convention 2012

Last week I attended the Stampin Up Convention 2012.  It was a lot of fun.  We got lots of new ideas and I am so excited to try some new things this upcoming Stampin Up Year.  The classes that I was able to attend were the following: 

I Am Savvy - Where we got lots of great ideas for using ribbon and fabric. 

I am a Leader - This was taught by Brian Pilling and he used the analogy of Goldilocks and the Three Bears and what kind of leader we would like to be (Pappa Bear Approach, Momma Bear Approach or the Baby Bear Approach).  There were several quotes in there that reminded me of my daytime boss and what kind of leader he is :) He gave us words to live by...
Brian's Balanced Business Basics: 
1. Your Business
2. Personal Renewal
3. Their Business
4. Random Acts of Kindess

Top Tips for being balanced:
1.  Set Office Hours and Stick to them.
2.  Ask Yourself - Is it worth it.  What goal does it help me reach. 
3.  Schedule reoccurning events now. 
4.  Plan for multiple ecents at once. 

I Am Having Fun - This was taught by Shannon West - about different things we can do to have fun in our workshops or classes.  I came home and did the dance for Dave - Disco Roll, John Travolta, Hitch A Ride, Roller Coaster, and the guns :) 

How to appeal to all 5 senses. She gave usa recipe for an apple dip that sounds great:


8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup brown suggar
splash of vanilla
Handful of Crunchy Stuff


I Am Open For Business taught by Carrie Cudney - and she talked about Fishing - how to attract new customers. 

I Am Doing Business My Way - Hosted by Bonnie Thurber where she had Tami White and Rhonda Wade talk about how they were able to keeps sales up and make money by running their businesses differently but both were successful.
 
I Am Making Money - Hosted  by Pam Morgan.  

Ashley is my upline and this is her downline group that went to convention this year.  You can see the cute bag we got that Melinda is wearing. 


By attendign different classes we won the exclusive I Am... stamp set.  Here it is: