Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentine Box

Part of the Old Fashion Valentine Swap is creating a box for your valentines. The boxes will be judged. There are 4 of us that coming in from out of town. For us four we were given the option to make our own box or someone in Dallas would make it for us. I debated and debated on this. I wanted to make my own but so did not have the time. Look how often I have stamped these past several weeks. Nothing - as there has been no blog postings. So a friend in Dallas took a picture of one of the boxes and sent it to me. No more questions for me - I would be making my box :)

Now I was stressing cause I had no idea how elaborate I should be. Time is still an issue. Then I saw the cutest Valentine box on Becky's blog. I almost had to resort to going to a scrapbook store cause I did not order any Rockabilly Paper. When I see something I like I usually have to copy it verbatum and then alter the second one. So I was stressing as I had no Black Polka Dot Paper. I checked with Ashley and she had a 6x6 square she could spare :) but I needed more. I decided to change the colors and venture out on my own to make my box - inspired by Becky - in different colors.

Here is Becky's Box - Cute - huh :)


And here is my box. I had to put ribbon in both directions to help hide the seam so the ribbon tie did not look right on the top. But I love these colors and the Always DSP. What do you think?

Top of Box - Lid


Lid and Side:


Side of Box:


Paper: Regal Rose, Always DSP, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Accessories: Regal Rose 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Circle # 2, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Circle Cutter, Large Heart Punch.

1 comment:

Design With Ink said...

So cute! And so proud of you for changing it up a bit! I am sure everyone loved this box! TOO CUTE!!